|Study abroad semester
|One of the most interesting, enriching and effective ways of getting to know a different country and its culture is by spending one or two semesters studying at a local university. That is why Academia Buenos Aires and Academia Uruguay have teamed up with a series of prestigious Argentinean and Uruguayan universities to offer a unique “study abroad” program with the possibility of combining both destinations.
Our program is based upon the following transparent principles:
(1) we only work with the best universities of each country
(2) while we serve as the students’ point of reference, they build their own programs
(3) students pay only for what they need: components can be booked separately
|These are the building blocks of our program and students choose among them:
A. Basic package (1000-4000 USD per semester) including:
- pre-departure pack
- airport pickup, local orientation
- guidance and 24 hour hotline during the entire stay
- free visa guidance, administrative guidance, etc.
- 2 weeks of intensive Spanish courses especially designed for exchange students
- 1 semester at a local university and academic credit
- free extracurricular activities, at least 2 per week, during the entire stay
- free volunteer placement
- free student insurance for 6 months
category 1. Universidad de la República, Montevideo
category 2. Universidad de Buenos Aires or
Universidad del Congreso, Mendoza
category 3. Universidad del Salvador, Buenos Aires or
Universidad Católica, Montevideo or
Universidad ORT, Montevideo or
Instituto Universitario ACJ-YMCA
category 4. Universidad de Montevideo
B. Housing package (single rooms):
- shared housing: 650 USD per month
- family stay with breakfast and dinner: 850 USD per month
C. Additional Spanish courses: students can add as many weeks of additional Spanish courses as they like, or as required, before or during the university program
Price: 190 USD per week (group)
20 USD per hour one-on-one
D. Weekend trips: the academies organize trips for all students to attractive destinations such as Mendoza, Iguazu, Punta del Este, Patagonia.
Universities currently included in the program:
- Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Universidad del Salvador, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Universidad del Congreso, Mendoza, Argentina
- Universidad de la República, Montevideo, Uruguay
- Universidad de Montevideo, Uruguay
- Universidad Católica, Montevideo, Uruguay
- Universidad ORT, Montevideo, Uruguay
- Universidad ACJ-YMCA, Montevideo, Uruguay
“Spring term”: February – July
“Fall term”: August – December
(in some cases, later deadlines apply, please consult)
“Spring term”: October 15
“Fall term”: April 15
Universities in Uruguay and in Mendoza, Argentina: students enter on a tourist visa (issued at the airport upon arrival, free) for three months and extend this visa locally for another three months.
Universities in Buenos Aires: students enter on a tourist visa and are then accompanied to the immigration offices by university staff to get a student visa. This requires a legalized and translated copy of a valid passport and a legalized and translated birth certificate.
All universities require an intermediate level of Spanish. Concrete requirements depend upon which universities students choose. In some cases a test is taken, in others a certificate by the Academias is sufficient. Students with a lower intermediate level should consider taking additional Spanish classes at Academia before the term begins.
Students should be in good standing and be able to provide proof of inscription a their home university, a transcript, and in some cases proof that courses taken abroad will be recognized as credits when the students returns home.
Different universities have different styles of teaching and so students should ask Academia personnel in every case about the workload at each university. In most cases, students are recommended to take between 3 and 5 courses during one semester / term. The amount of contact hours depends on each course, but renages between 30 and 80.